Saturday, March 10, 2012

My interview with Tigers catcher, Alex Avila

When I first found out that I would have the chance to interview Tigers players, one of my top priorities was to interview Alex Avila. When I saw the All Star catcher walking from one of the practice fields and back to the clubhouse, I knew I had to go catch up with him. He was another really easy and fun interview and I enjoyed talking to him.

I warned him that these would be random questions and when I asked him my first question, he was stumped. I loved watching his face as he tried to come up with an answer! Anyway, without further ado, here are Alex Avila's answers!

If you could only watch one movie for the rest of your life, what would it be?


Uh. These really are random questions. Um.... [long pause] I don't know, I like war movies. So, any movie like We Were Soldiers or anything like that. I just saw Act of Valor, that was good.


What is your go-to snack?

They're called Powerberries from Trader Joe's. They're like chocolate covered raisin type of things, almost like raisinettes. They taste pretty good.

Who is the funniest guy in the clubhouse?

I'd have to say it's probably a tie between Gerald Laird and Jose Valverde.


Who is the smartest?

I'm going to go with Doug Fister.


What is one skill you wish you had?

I don't know, maybe sing, have a good voice.

What's your favorite thing about being a Detroit Tiger?

Definitely the tradition that the club has. Not too many clubs that have a hundred year history like the Tigers do and that's pretty cool to be a part of.


No comments:

Post a Comment