Saturday, January 28, 2012

The Natural

Wow, I'm a week late in putting this blog up. I apologize! I didn't realize how little time I had when it came to sitting down and watching a movie. But I did watch The Natural for the first time in quite awhile. I pretty much didn't remember any of it before I started watching!

If you haven't seen it before, The Natural is the story about a baseball player named Roy Hobbs. Hobbs is a virtually unknown player who comes out of nowhere to take a terrible team and turn them around to make them great. He's able to realize the glory he would have had when he was younger, before he was shot. His bat is no ordinary bat; it was made from the wood of a tree struck by lightning. The league, of course, believes that his bat is loaded and...well I don't want to give it all away for those who have yet to see this classic!

I thought it was a very good baseball film. Like I said, the last time I watched it was MANY years ago so it was almost like watching it for the first time. Maybe if you have some time, you can go out and rent it and make it your movie tonight!

The next movie I plan to watch is Rookie of the Year!

1 comment:

  1. that is the one baseball movie I can't get into...maybe I should keep trying.

    ReplyDelete