Thursday, March 8, 2012

My interview with Tigers pitching coach, Jeff Jones

I caught up with Jeff Jones before the Tigers and Braves game on March 8 to ask him a few random, off the wall questions. Jones is from Detroit and played for the Oakland Athletics from 1980 until 1984. He has been with the Tigers on and off since 1995 and was named the pitching coach after working in the bullpen during the 2011 season.

If you could only watch one movie for the rest of your life, what would it be?
That's a good question. I always loved the movie Pretty Woman. I've probably seen it 5 or 6 times and I can probably watch it 5 or 6 more.

What's your go-to snack?
Popsicles. Tropical Pops by Popsicle brand.

Where is your favorite place to eat?
Probably Carraba's. I enjoy their food, I don't think I've
ever had a bad meal there.

What is one skill that you wish you had?
Jump. I wish I could jump. I've never been able to jump, I have white man's disease.

Who is the funniest player in the clubhouse?
Probably Jose Valverde. He's always happy, always smiling, always having fun.

Who is the smartest?
We've got quite a few of them but I'm going to say
Max Scherzer probably ranks right up there.

What's your favorite thing about coaching for the Tigers?
It's kind of a dream come true for me, being from Detroit. Just watching the guys get better, progress, and winning.

Up Next: Jim Leyland

No comments:

Post a Comment